Mokalik (2019) is a Nigerian movie that gives viewers a glimpse into the life of an artisan. The film is directed by Kunle Afolayan, a renowned Nigerian filmmaker, and produced by Golden Effects Pictures. Released in 2019, Mokalik tells the story of a young boy who spends a day as an apprentice in his father’s mechanic shop.
Mokalik (2019) is a unique and captivating movie that explores the life of an artisan in Nigeria. The film portrays the daily struggles of an artisan, the challenges they face, and the pride they take in their work. In this article, we will discuss the plot of Mokalik, the characters, and the themes of the movie.
Mokalik is a story about a young boy named Ponmile who is sent to work as an apprentice in his father’s mechanic shop for a day. Ponmile’s father, who is skeptical about his son’s ambition to attend a university, believes that the experience will give his son a glimpse into the real world and help him make a decision about his future.
Ponmile is initially reluctant about spending a day as an apprentice, but he soon becomes fascinated by the world of mechanics. He meets different people, including artisans and customers, and learns about their lives and struggles. Throughout the day, Ponmile helps his father and the other mechanics fix various cars and machines, and he discovers the pride and satisfaction that comes with doing a job well.
See>>> The CEO (2016) Movie Review
The characters in Mokalik are well-developed and realistic. The movie features a diverse cast of actors who bring the story to life.
- Ponmile: The main character of the movie, Ponmile is a young boy who is sent to work as an apprentice in his father’s mechanic shop for a day.
- Baba Alaye: Ponmile’s father, who owns the mechanic shop.
- Osikoya: A veteran mechanic who takes Ponmile under his wing and teaches him about the world of mechanics.
- Customers: Various customers who bring their cars and machines to the mechanic shop for repairs.
Mokalik explores several themes that are relevant to the lives of artisans in Nigeria.
- Pride in work: The movie portrays the pride that artisans take in their work and the satisfaction that comes with doing a job well.
- Family and tradition: The film shows the importance of family and tradition in Nigerian culture.
- Education and ambition: The movie also touches on the theme of education and ambition, and the tension that can arise between parents and children when they have different ideas about the future.
Mokalik (2019) is a must-watch movie for anyone interested in Nigerian culture and the lives of artisans. The film provides a unique perspective on the daily struggles of artisans and the pride they take in their work. The characters are relatable and the themes are relevant to audiences around the world. If you haven’t seen Mokalik yet, be sure to add it to your watchlist.
Who directed Mokalik?
Kunle Afolayan directed Mokalik.
When was Mokalik released?
Mokalik was released in 2019.
What is the plot of Mokalik?
Mokalik is a story about a young boy who spends a day as an apprentice in his father’s mechanic shop.
What themes does Mokalik explore?
Mokalik explores themes such as pride in work, family and tradition, and education and ambition.